Sweatshirt Dress: Zara (Similar ones I also love here and here) | Olive and Gold bomber: Zara (other options here and here) | Over the Knee Boots: Zara (other options under $150 here, here and here)
So apparently I’m pretty much the ONLY fashion blogger out there who didn’t start off this season with a pair of OTK boots in her closet– this was one trend that I was admittedly hesitant to try since I’m barely 5’3– I wasn’t sure that they would look good on me or if they would swallow up my whole self.
I am SO happy I tried them! I actually scored these ones at Zara, available at a special price in stores for only $50, which is a great deal for a trend that I wasn’t sure if I was going to love or not. Now, knowing now much I love this style, and how many new outfit options it opens me up to, I may spring for a pricier version once the holidays are over. Being a petite girl, it was important to me to find a pair that didn’t come up TOO high– I’m not shooting for a Pretty Woman look here after all (lol). These hit at the perfect height, as do these other options (here, here, and here). I paired the boots with a super casual grey sweatshirt dress and olive bomber, which dressed down the boots for a look that def says “day”. Tip– when wearing OTK boots, make sure there are a few inches of skin showing between the hem of your dress/skirt and the top of the boots– otherwise its way too heavy of a feel. I wore this look to take Nolan to Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas Tree for the first time<3
Shop my look through the links above, including my picks for OTK boots under $150- maybe add them to your list for Santa!
One of my MUST HAVES for fall and winter is a great pair of (faux) leather leggings. These were everywhere a few seasons ago, when they really became a staple for most women– and the good news is, they’re def not a trend– the fact that they’ve been around for years now shows that they have become a classic wardrobe staple. I’ve had a few different pairs over the years, but this year’s pair, from Aritzia, is by far the best fitting, highest quality pair I’ve had– officially obsessed. They have a high, elasticized waistband, so they’re super flattering and comfortable, and the length is just right for a petite girl like me– they hit right at the ankle, perfect for tucking into a bootie or paring with loafers or sneaks. They are almost $150, which is def on the pricier side, so I’ve also linked a few of my other favorite pairs, under $100! Below, find two ways I wore them recently, with links to shop!
Caramel Ruffle sweater: H&M | Faux Leather Leggings: Aritzia ( less pricey versions here, here , and here!) | Gold boots: Topshop via Nordstrom (on sale!) | Trucker Jacket: Topshop via Nordstrom
I paired this semi-femme caramel ruffle sweater (about as ruffly as I get!) with the leather leggings above, for a “hard and soft” contrast– you want to stay away from pairing anything too harsh with leather leggings; you don’t want to look too “Sandy from Grease”. I pulled on my fave gold booties for a pop of interest and my shearling lined denim trucker jacket, since it was pretty cold last weekend and I liked the way the denim and shearling added another texture.
Plaid shirt: BDG via Urban Outfitters | Leggings: Artizia (other ones I love here here and here) | Combat Boots: Zara (similar pairs here and here) | Olive and gold bomber jacket: Zara ( similar here and here)
For the second look, I definitely went with more of a grungy vibe– I paired the leather leggings with my fave combat boots (huge this season; if you don’t have a pair yet, trust me, get them now! I linked a few pairs I LOVE above!). An oversized plaid shirt topped the look– I wear them longer and baggier with the leggings, because remember- LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS! My new fave olive and gold bomber from Zara completed the look– love the message on the back! I’ll be doing a post soon on the best bomber jackets with sayings on the back.
Have an awesome Thanksgiving guys! Perfect time to bust out the leather leggings!
Black denim shortalls: Madewell (and ON SUPER SALE NOW!) |Olive Bomber: H&M | Pointed booties: Zara (similar ones I love here and here)
As you guys know, one of my favorite things to wear are overalls and shortalls in the summer. Come cooler temps, I can’t bring myself to put the shortalls away just yet– enter sheer tights! I’m really feeling sheer tights instead of opaque ones recently– a little more “dressy” and femme and less stark/Catholic school in feel. I recently wore this look for brunch, errands, and a brewery stop in Brooklyn this past weekend, and it was perfect for a fun day out. I topped it with this olive green bomber from H & M and pointed black leather booties — and if you watch my Instastories (!), you’ll see I recently sold a bunch of bags and accessories that I don’t wear anymore and finally got the Chanel Jumbo Caviar Flap bag…totally in love! It’s the PERFECT shape and size for an everyday bag, and literally a classic investment that will never go out of style!
I’ve linked my exact shortalls and bomber above for you guys– try remixing or picking up a pair yourself and trying this look for those transitional fall days!
A girl can never have too many types of ankle booties– they literally pair with EVERYTHING in your closet, and in my opinion, add instant sharpness and edge to any look– in English teacher terms, they’re the exclamation point at the end of your outfit!
Among my must haves for fall:
1. A pair of biker or combat boots, in black: pair with long flowy skirts, short denim skirts, skinny leather pants or jeans and floral dresses.
2. Patchwork/suede booties: pair with anything 70s in feel, or with a chunky sweater in an autumnal shade and cropped flares or distressed skinnies.
3. Statement metallic booties: I’ve worn these gold ones soooo many times already– to me, metallics are a neutral, so these pair with pretty much anything– my fave way is with an otherwise simple outfit for an unexpected twist, or with a floral or patterned slipdress and tee for added visual interest.
4. White booties: There’s something so mod about these, and I’m really loving white shoes in general right now– booties and loafers in particular. Sub these guys in whenever you would normally do a sleek black bootie.
5. Velvet/Embroidered/Patterned booties: Statement booties are everywhere this season– another fun way to inject your personality (or whatever personality you’re feeling that day!) into your look– I like these with either a super sleek, solid outfit, or mixed into a look that already has a pattern going on. Velvet is definitely the material of the season, so look for a pair in a jewel tone for the holidays, like the ones I’ve linked below!
6. Timberlands: These were my shoes of choice back in 7th grade– and suddenly they feel relevant again (prob because it was deep into the 1990s when I was in middle school lol). I’ll wear these with leather leggings and an oversize sweater or chambray on weekends, and also with girly dresses during the week.
Shop my picks below through the links to get your hands on these must have booties!