I just love everything about what is happening in fashion right now– the pops of fresh white, the unexpected textures and overall boyish/ streetwear vibes– it feels very much “me”. In terms of outfit planning, some looks, involving pieces similar to (or the exact ones) below, include:
1) Mini skirts in all sorts of colors, textures and patterns– red, floral, leather, ruffles, and plaid. I’ll pair them with vintage graphic tees now, and with sweaters/ sweatshirts come cooler temps.
2) White booties/ white shoes– guys if you don’t own a pair yet, what the heck are you waiting for?! I will say that I called this trend more than a year ago (!!) and I’m super happy that it’s still going strong… believe me, white shoes GO WITH EVERYTHING and will punctuate your looks in the freshest way possible.
3) Mules, slides and loafers with jeans, dresses and skirts– keeping things boyish and casual
4) (faux) Furry or textured outerwear… come cold weather, I’ll be keeping things interesting on the outside as well– if you’re normally a “black or grey coat only” person, make this the season that you step outside your comfort zone in a standout jacket or coat!
5) RED– The current IT color is everywhere and for good reason– it feels fresh, just slightly 80s (in a good way) and pairs super well with all the white accessories we’re seeing, as well as with the menswear plaid and polka dot trends.
6) Sweaters with interesting details– a ruffle, a zipper, a cool graphic or text– choose sweaters with personality and pair them with minis, OTK boots and leather pants, or straight leg (or skinny) jeans and an unexpected bootie.
I’ve rounded up a few of my current fave fall mix musts, all on sale for 20% off on Shopbop’s site– USE CODE EOTS17 at checkout! Shop my picks below…
Remember to use code EOTS17 at checkout for 20% off your order!
Happy fall shopping!