…and for my final trick! – Part 3 of this season’s Fashion week recap…I wore the look above to the All Comes From Nothing show on Wednesday morning— really loving a plaid suit for the upcoming seasons. This one is actually two different pieces, not a matching set; just because I liked how each piece fit. I paired the “suit” with a pop of red and yellow, two of this season’s biggest colors – plus a little nod to Valentine’s Day with my heart earrings!
All Comes From Nothing:
What to take note of:
1. Metallics for day, mixed with casual/ sporty pieces- probably one of my fave trends to wear for day!
2. Puffer coats (and jackets and coats in general) as part of the whole look— buy one that’s less utilitarian, more fashion forward!
3. Cropped flared pants- these seem more intimidating to wear than they actually are- and they’re a nice change from all skinny everything, and even the straight legs that have become ubiquitous on the fashion scene.
4. Rich, saturated colors, especially red (again!) and that amazing coppery- rust color I’ve been obsessed with!
… and for my last look…
I changed my outfit at the very last minute for Leanne Marshall… I was originally going to style the gold dress with the colorful striped sweater over it (see below) , but decided to go all gold (with sneaks) at the last possible second lol…
This gold slit column dress is actually old Zara, from my baby shower! It’s non maternity, and made from a stretchy material, which I why I was able to wear it while pregnant and here, while not!
What to take note of:
1. Monochromatic looks; or varying shades of the same color worn together (the gold and coppery ones were SOOOO good!)
2. Interesting cut outs for formal wear- Marshall showed lots of fluid shapes with bold cutouts giving a modern effect to classic pieces
3. Rich, bold colors like yellow (huge on all runways), coppery rust (yes AGAIN!), and shades of teal and blue
4. Unexpected layering for formal wear— loved how Marshall showed usually jackets over dresses, lace long sleeves blouses under strapless dresses and sweatshirt tops over skirts!
So that’s it you guys! Thanks for following all this season at Fashion Week— look for a new post soon on my fave NYC hotels and places to eat, since it seems like a lot of you had questions about that through my instastories!