A girl can never have too many types of ankle booties– they literally pair with EVERYTHING in your closet, and in my opinion, add instant sharpness and edge to any look– in English teacher terms, they’re the exclamation point at the end of your outfit!
Among my must haves for fall:
1. A pair of biker or combat boots, in black: pair with long flowy skirts, short denim skirts, skinny leather pants or jeans and floral dresses.
2. Patchwork/suede booties: pair with anything 70s in feel, or with a chunky sweater in an autumnal shade and cropped flares or distressed skinnies.
3. Statement metallic booties: I’ve worn these gold ones soooo many times already– to me, metallics are a neutral, so these pair with pretty much anything– my fave way is with an otherwise simple outfit for an unexpected twist, or with a floral or patterned slipdress and tee for added visual interest.
4. White booties: There’s something so mod about these, and I’m really loving white shoes in general right now– booties and loafers in particular. Sub these guys in whenever you would normally do a sleek black bootie.
5. Velvet/Embroidered/Patterned booties: Statement booties are everywhere this season– another fun way to inject your personality (or whatever personality you’re feeling that day!) into your look– I like these with either a super sleek, solid outfit, or mixed into a look that already has a pattern going on. Velvet is definitely the material of the season, so look for a pair in a jewel tone for the holidays, like the ones I’ve linked below!
6. Timberlands: These were my shoes of choice back in 7th grade– and suddenly they feel relevant again (prob because it was deep into the 1990s when I was in middle school lol). I’ll wear these with leather leggings and an oversize sweater or chambray on weekends, and also with girly dresses during the week.
Shop my picks below through the links to get your hands on these must have booties!