Guns and Roses Tee: Missguided (sold out, similar here and here)| Red faux leather mini: Asos, sold out, shop similar below! | Floral Loafer mules: Steve Madden | Bag and Sunnies : Saint Laurent
If you’re looking for a quick update to your wardrobe for spring, the little red skirt is IT in my opinion. I picked this one up from ASOS for fashion week, where I wore it here with stockings and white booties. Now that temps are (kind of) warming up, I’m excited to pair it with boyish tees, baggy sweatshirts, sneakers and loafers– anything to offset its inherent bold and kind of sexy vibes. I would NOT recommend wearing this with anything overtly feminine– no stilettos, low cut tops etc…I always like to go for unexpected contrast. I wore the look above for one of those amazing 60 degree March days — and I’ll wear this skirt again this week with a grey sweatshirt and Adidas sneaks. Red was ALL OVER the fashion week runways, particularly in leather, patent, or unexpected shapes and textures. I’ve linked my top six picks for statement red minis below– shop ’em while they’re hot for a guaranteed wardrobe boost!
I just picked up this pair of crisp white booties from the Zara sale, and while sadly, they’re sold out, I’ve compiled six of the best pairs of white booties out there right now, in varying price ranges. White booties are simple, yet statement making– there’s something about a stark, clean white shoe that really punctuates a look. Gone are the days of white shoes being associated with nurses and church-going six year olds– Celine has totally made white shoes and booties the coolest new addition to an outfit. I’ll be wearing mine with distressed skinnies and sweaters, with boyish tees and slipdresses or a mini …and come Spring, these guys won’t be going anywhere. Shop some of my faves below.
A girl can never have too many types of ankle booties– they literally pair with EVERYTHING in your closet, and in my opinion, add instant sharpness and edge to any look– in English teacher terms, they’re the exclamation point at the end of your outfit!
Among my must haves for fall:
1. A pair of biker or combat boots, in black: pair with long flowy skirts, short denim skirts, skinny leather pants or jeans and floral dresses.
2. Patchwork/suede booties: pair with anything 70s in feel, or with a chunky sweater in an autumnal shade and cropped flares or distressed skinnies.
3. Statement metallic booties: I’ve worn these gold ones soooo many times already– to me, metallics are a neutral, so these pair with pretty much anything– my fave way is with an otherwise simple outfit for an unexpected twist, or with a floral or patterned slipdress and tee for added visual interest.
4. White booties: There’s something so mod about these, and I’m really loving white shoes in general right now– booties and loafers in particular. Sub these guys in whenever you would normally do a sleek black bootie.
5. Velvet/Embroidered/Patterned booties: Statement booties are everywhere this season– another fun way to inject your personality (or whatever personality you’re feeling that day!) into your look– I like these with either a super sleek, solid outfit, or mixed into a look that already has a pattern going on. Velvet is definitely the material of the season, so look for a pair in a jewel tone for the holidays, like the ones I’ve linked below!
6. Timberlands: These were my shoes of choice back in 7th grade– and suddenly they feel relevant again (prob because it was deep into the 1990s when I was in middle school lol). I’ll wear these with leather leggings and an oversize sweater or chambray on weekends, and also with girly dresses during the week.
Shop my picks below through the links to get your hands on these must have booties!
Last weekend I had the pleasure of working with one of my favorite brands, Madewell, to style some looks from the fall collection, help shoppers put together outfits, and make my Fall picks (super hard– literally loved everything!) at their store located in the Walt Whitman Mall on Long Island. They even gave an extra special discount to any of my fellow teachers who came in to shop with me that day! Drinks, snacks, shopping and styling (and taking 948404 pics along the way of course!) — what could be better on a Saturday afternoon at the end of summer?
The fall collection is full of all those perfect fall shades– rust and mustard being two of my absolute faves. Madewell is always my go-to for sweaters in the fall and winter; they’re super well-made (haha get it?!) and always have the perfect slouchy-femme look. Madewell is also a fave spot of mine to score overalls, both short and long, again, because of quality, fit and the modern-vintage wash. This was the first time I actually tried on and purchased a pair of jeans from Madewell– being a petite 5’2, it can be hard to find jeans that fit– but their 9″ rise black ripped skinnies FIT PERFECTLY and even had a raw hem that I can cuff or even trim myself to show off shoes. Below, shop my exact look, plus my picks from the fall collection– already purchased the jeans, suede heels, overalls and mustard sweater!
White booties: Zara | Suede heeled sandals: Madewell |Sunnies: Saint Laurent| Bag: Proenza Schouler ps11
Choker: Zara |Middle black cord: Asos |xoxo Charm necklace: Rebecca Minkoff
Sips & Snacks
Some of my fave fall picks! Red silk patterned dress: Madewell
These gorgeous ladies scored some sweet teacher discounts!
Nolan made a guest appearance!